Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I'M NOT IN KANSAS ANYMORE.....

So I'm going to learn my way like the wicked witch from the west....lol. Really, orienteering at Rattlesnake park was far more than I could have ever expected. Sadly, only less than half of our team could make it, but we made the best of it and trekked on. We needed it! Some of the ladies commented on learning this skill in school...school, did I learn this in school and blocked it out because it was and is such a learning curve, a mental blockage, a OMG....WTF...am I truly supposed to know how to navigate through life and/or the forest and go bushwacking???? Mantracker, watch out! What fun was it to go through the brush and be TOUGH! I'm really not a princess so going out there for the thrill of getting somewhere via a map and compass was totally cool (ok, so not a princess but surely an 80's girl using "totally cool" in my lingo...teehee).

Good times.

Special thanks and shout out to Brian for leading the pack! We couldn't have done it without ya.

So tomorrow is a mountain biking challenge with the RaceDayRush.com guys, Shane and Neil. I'm told we have a big hill to climb. Bring it!

Find the strength. Keep the will.

T

No comments:

Post a Comment