Tuesday, May 18, 2010

SUNDAY BLOODY SUNDAY

Ok, so not blood shed but tears were (see Kerri, I told you that you weren't the only one who cried because they didn't make it). My day started wrong. I went to meet the lovely Race Day Rush/Phat chicks' crew and just could not find them.

The sun was shining and until getting lost, I was very happy. So, once I figured out what I had done wrong and found my way, I was told by the parking attendant that I had missed my group by 10 mins. What to do??? Run like hell! That's what I did. So going along the trail, I saw a lady (that I did not know) wearing a Phat Chicks shirt - I just so happened to be wearing my too so she knew right away I was out looking for the crew. She said you are right behind them, they are only 3 mins up the path. WOW...could I really run fast enought to catch up to them? I kept on running and then there it was...a Y in the path. What to do..go right????..go left????. It was a 50/50 chance and as luck would have it, I must have gone the wrong way and never found them. The good news was I was out running which I love to do...so that it what I focused on.

After my run, the rest of the group followed behind after about 5-10 mins so I know I wasn't too far from them (which was another down point...I almost found them). We all chatted it up for about an hour. Susie-Q from Phat Chicks gave us some kick-ass homework and that was pretty much the end of the day.

BUT - not totally the end of the day. I decided to bring my road bike and go for a tour around the area (here's where the blood comes in..figuretively of course). I wasn't out 20 mins and I fell off of my bike..just couldn't get unclipped fast enough even though my right foot was nearing the ground, my body just didn't want to go that way and I feel to the left..lol. So I proceeded to get back on the horse as they say and not 5 mins later, I blew a tire!

The day got the best of me and was trying to tell me something!

So this Thursday it's a mountain bike challenge with the crew and I can't wait....even though Shaner thinks I can make it up the steep hill!

Find the strength Keep the will.
T

1 comment:

  1. Ooooooh Tracey... that sounds like quite the day!!!
    We're so glad we saw you.
    Too bad about the bike thingie... you poor thing.
    It's great that you got back on the bike :-)

    ReplyDelete